Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tonight's post is irrelevant.

Gerard Kennedy is out.

So, explaining why I don't think he should be leader because he's from Toronto, has no Quebec organisation, isn't bilingual, and has won but a single federal election, but is probably a good choice the next time we have to find a leader (*cough*after Iggy blows it*cough*) is moot.

*shrug*

If it ends up being just Bob, Michael and Dominic, I'm going to need one HELL of a sales job to strongly support and get solidly behind any of them.

In fact, the more I look at this whole mess, the less I am motivated to anything for this party. They've done a craptastical job of mentoring and apprenticing the next generation of leaders, and I'm increasingly frustrated by the narrow view and the lack of vision some people are afflicted with.

This isn't about center/left or center/right. The environment isn't a left or right issue. This is about putting forward policies that empower people and work to the benefit of future generations.

Maybe it's the fact that I am sick and don't know why and I'm tired of that, but I am failing to see why anyone is in politics but for any other reason than consolidating power and trying to force feed 40% of the population a particular narrow world view.

And I'm REALLY getting sick of hearing about how Obama worked in the US.
This is Canada. We don't have or need an Obama. We need someone with a plan who can make the LPC relevant again in 3 to 5 years. We need a Howard Dean. Then we look for our Obama.